Celtic Forum - Vs Hibs
Vital Football

Latest Celtic FC News

Celtic Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "We work hard all week, but on a Saturday we get the day off to play football" - Bertie Auld
- (Added by: Jamie1967)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Was Brendan Rodgers the right choice?
Suggested By: Vital Celtic
Yes97%
No3%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.wee_od_885
2.NoshowJones1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (4): 1 2 3
Vs Hibs
10 December 2017 14:00 Post ID: #121936 - in reply to #121935
Manager

Celtic Piper

Ajer deserves more chances. He was very good against Motherwell. Where's Griff? Must be in the doghouse.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 December 2017 14:02 Post ID: #121937 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Chief Scout

What a great piece of defensive work from Brown! Saw that Barker was getting away from Lustig down our right wing, Stokes was free at the back post but Brown burst back and followed the run to make sure when the ball came over it didn't make it to him! Great play!
That's the kind of play we haven't seen from him in European games this season!

Dembele on for Edouard. No goal today for Edouard but he had a couple of chances, unlucky to have hit the post but he's done well. Came short for the ball at times and tried to link the play with players. Showed his pace at times and was wrongly called offside in the first half as the ball was played when he was in his own half and he was about to take on Ambrose and beat him before being in on the keeper but it was pulled back for offside!
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:02 Post ID: #121938 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Celtic Piper

SInclair with a third, but the flag was up.
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:04 Post ID: #121939 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Chief Scout

Griffiths is on the bench. Seems BR is happy to give him a bit of rest just now and rotate the strikers a bit, they're all playing fairly well at times.

Terrible looking offside decision against Sinclair denies him his hat-trick.

Goal for Hibs, deflected Ambrose shot after the ball bounced around in the box after a corner. Poor defending again!
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:05 Post ID: #121940 - in reply to #121938
Manager

Chief Scout

welch47 - 10/12/2017 14:02

SInclair with a third, but the flag was up.

Didn't think it was offside and saw the reply and still think it was a bad call!
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:07 Post ID: #121941 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Chief Scout

We're knocking on the door again now, game has opened up! Dembele with a chance but a good save by the keeper!
Sinclair with another opportunity but again saved by the keeper.

Hibs have scored again! Stokes with a great pass inside takes 2 or 3 of our players out of the game. Stevenson picks out the sub Shaw and he turns Simunovic and score.

Hayes on for Forrest.
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:08 Post ID: #121942 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Celtic Piper

Jesus, more crappy defending. We really need to rebuild the central defense.

Meantime, Forrest off for Hayes to give us pace down the right. I'd drop CalMac for Dembele and go with two attackers.
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:11 Post ID: #121943 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Chief Scout

At 2-0 we looked like we'd win this with little problems. It's now 2-2 and we don't look like winning at the moment! Hibs are now brimming with confidence!

Surely another sub to come from us, we're now far too open at the back! Don't know what's going on! How can we be so open but have nobody up the pitch able to receive the ball?
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:26 Post ID: #121944 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Chief Scout

Well....what a second half! Enjoyable for football fans but from Celtic's point of view, we should never have allowed them back into it! Nearly lost it at the end but saved by Lustig getting back to clear off the line after Gordon dropped the ball at the edge of the box. Then Sinclair has a chance after a great run from Brown but he can't find the finish on this occasion!

The run continues! 68 games! Surely more rotation coming this midweek at home against Hamilton. Some players are looking tired!
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:28 Post ID: #121946 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Celtic Piper

Well that sucked. This is a down period for form at the club. Aside from the one drubbing of Motherwell, we've been off the boil. The midfield is just not coordinated and I can't put my finger on a culprit. The biggest criticism I have is that we go with the same shape and tactics and opponents are learning to read it.

To be fair, Lennon always has a good game plan against us and his team plays hard. Fair play to them. I wouldn't mind signing McGinn. Stokes really played hard and McGeough was a nuisance.

Our problem seems to be in the middle of the part. I like CalMac but it just doesn't seem to come off with him there. I like Rogic or Armstrong better. Also, I think Griffiths is really missed. He sets up a lot of goals and is a threat to shoot from outside. He really makes defenders sweat in different ways. Edouard and Dembele are terrific, but they play a similar game and it's one that a clogged box can defend.
Like post
Like this post
10 December 2017 14:29 Post ID: #121947 - in reply to #121480
Manager

Celtic Piper

Maybe two games a week has worn them all down.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (4): 1 2 3
Jump to forum: